Friday, August 20, 2010

The difference between America and Japan

When I first came to America 3 weeks ago, I found there is many difference between America and Japan. I'll introduce two of them.

First, in America, cars run right side of the road, and they can turn right after short stop even if the light is red. However, in Japan cars run left side and they can't turn right or left except the light shows the special sign. Additionally, I was surprised that American road was very wide. The free way has four or five traffic lanes while Japan has two. That's why we have enormous traffic jam!

Second, Ifound American people don't go to grocery shop everyday, but they instead buy many grocery two or three a week. I guess it is so far from their houses to stores that they can't go frequently. Therefore, stores have a large selection of frozen food and instant that can be preseived for a long time.When I went to "walmart" with my host family for the first time, I was sueprised by the big shopping cart and conveyer belt beside cash desk. In japan, we usually have some stores within couple of minutes walk, so many of us go to groccery stores four or five days a week. Additionaly, we like to eat fresh food, so we buy the ingredients of dinner on the day they are used.

written by Minori

3 comments:

  1. We have the same situation, Minori. In Hong Kong, it is also easy for us to go to a supermarket or convention store to buy what we want. However, the convenient stores in US are NOT conventient to me!!!! Everywhere I want to go in US need to use a car. Even I get a bicycle from my friends, I still can't go to a lot of places. But that may be good for girls that that shopping malls are so far from us so we won't go shopping everyday!

    Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is Riverside, this is the answer.For me its like a countryside,have fresh air and the road are wide.I like this feelings actually,because in Beijing, there are always traffic jams.HAHA
    Finally, I know you will go back to your country,good luck!
    YANG YU

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup.. I think it must be have differences.
    because its different culture.


    Moath

    ReplyDelete