Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yudongxia

Although I'm coming from Shanghai China, but I had been living in Guiyang, a city located in the west of China, for a long time. I love Guiyang, because there are many my best friends, lovely parents, nice relatives and sweet memories.

Guiyang is a city of pleasant climate and graceful natural sceneries, even if some views in Guiyang are not famous in China, they are also worth sightseeing. One of the traveling which has been brought me a nice memory is the trip to Yudongxia(鱼洞峡). Why it called Yudongxia? Because Yu(鱼) means fish, Dong(洞) indicates cave, and Xia(峡) represents canyon or gorge, all in all, Yudongxia means in the river of a gorge there is a cave have the shape like a fish, accurately, the head of the cave like a fish's mouth and the body of the cave like a fish's body.

Yudongxia is a kind of karst topography landscape. The front part of the cave is shaped by natural and the ending part of the cave is created by human beings. Isn't it magic that the natural creates the special beauty and after numerous years people find it and appreciate it? As you are seeing in the video below, the natural part of the cave have many Stalactites, in contrast, the ending of the cave is created by people -- they found the cave and created it's exit, so visitors can easily travel by boat through out the cave. Indeed, I'm not only surprised by the power of the natural, but also astonished by the ability of human beings. How much effort could they have to build the rest of the cave? I rather admire them for their astonishing working!

When my parents, the boatman and I were traveling through the cave by boat, I feel a little bit scary, because I was sitting in the front of the boat, which is the only moving one in the cave, and the boatman said sometimes there were many bats on the top of the cave.

I love this memorable trip in Yudongxia, and it's beauty brought me a wonderful travel experience. Although it's just a small sightseeing and doesn't have many famous Stalactites, I had a sweet trip with my parents, I will memorize it forever^^


PS: There are many famous natural sceneries and special wild vegetables in Guizhou. Which I should tell you is that Guizhou is a province and Guiyang is its capital city, in other words, Guiyang in Guizhou like Los Angeles in California. I have downloaded some pictures of Guizhou's natural sceneries from internet, and made it to the following video. Hope you will like it : ) Furthermore, the wild vegetable in the last 3 photo called Zheergen(折耳根), it is a special local product in Guizhou, I always memorize the flavor of it my mother cooked =D


Faye

2 comments:

  1. This place is beautiful. I will go to have a look when I have time later. I went to Grand Canyon before with my friend and her family. The view of there is also great!

    Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, I like the nature more than modern cities.
    but honestly I can go through the cave, the dark places make me crazy :D
    I really like the second video, hope I can visit you there someday.

    I'm really gonna miss dear Faye, take care, and I wish you the best always.

    Shouq

    ReplyDelete