Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The first but The last blogging



Kim Hay Lee



I think this was the most special summer vacation I spend ever. I was happy to have a good time with all of my classmates, although we hadn't talked a lot because of my absents. However, it would be a very precious memory that I can't get over forever.

When I just arrived to UCR, I felt really excited so everything was surprising. I wanted to go to every American restaurants I saw. Besides, I was eager to try to speak in English because I knew it is my purpose to came here.

However, over time, my excitement has gone and only depression has left in me. I didn't want to use, even hear, the English. I suddenly remembered my writing teacher, Reza, told to our class about the culture shock. There are three stages and first one is about the amazing. All the things are amazing. Then, second stage is about the depression. In opposite to first stage, all the things are depressing and don't want to do. Last stage, finally, the amazing and the depression get balance so I can relieve and live like in mother country. I realized I was in second stage of culture shock.


I think I can adapt to different country more quickly because I realized the period of adaption 'could' be wasting of time if it's long. The thing I want to say is you guys, except 4 weeks students, must get over the culture shock and make more precious memories that are valuable in your life!

1 comment: