Friday, July 9, 2010

ROBERTA 'S INTRODUCTION

My name is Roberta and I am from Brazil. I live in Sao Paulo (oh, we don't have Portuguese accents here). I'm 30 years old and I have 2 professions in my country, the first one is actress, I act mainly in theater and movies, TV in Brazil is not so good than TV in United States, so i opted to don't work in it while i can. My second job is teach Portuguese to foreigners, i like to do it because i can learn about many cultures and i don't need to leave my country, well, i would love to walk around the world but it is difficult, i don't have time($$$$) to do it.

So, my academic background...i did two Courses in two different Universities in Brazil, one we call "Letras" - there i could learn literature and languages, the other one was Acting (I'm not sure about the name of the course in English).

Now about Sao Paulo... well, a big city, the population there is about 25.000.000. The traffic terrifies me, but nothing to do about it, the government is trying to create rigid rules to control cars in Sao Paulo, let's see what will happen. This city is the most important financial center in Brazil, all of our "economy" comes from there. There we can find the most important companies, industries and services. This is one of the reasons of immigration there. In Sao Paulo you can find everything you want, i mean, if you want to eat Asian food at 3am you can find it there, if you want to buy anything imported you can find there, if you like to dance or enjoy the night we have many bars, discos, coffee shops all the night. It is a good city to live, but as every big city is dangerous an chaotic. However you can enjoy the days in parks and clubs where you can swim and practice sports.

Sao Paulo is a big cultural center too and how i love theater if i can i have many options. In my free-time i go to the cinema or the theater and i really enjoy to read a book in a good an quite park. I love to travel to the beach and we have beautiful beaches there.

That's a little bit about me and my country.

1 comment:

  1. you look younger than 30 years old. i hope soon can visit your country.

    Nada

    ReplyDelete